Arab coalition announces destruction of Houthi missile launched toward Saudi city

Arab coalition announces destruction of Houthi missile launched toward Saudi city

The Arab coalition forces have destroyed a rocket launched by the Al-Houthi group in the southern Saudi city of Najran without causing any casualties, the army said.

The coalition air Defense Forces on late Wednesday spotted a ballistic missile fired from Sa'ada Governorate (northern Yemen) by the Houthis in the direction of the Kingdom's southern city of Najran, "said Alliance spokesman Turki Al Maliki.

According to a statement quoted by the Saudi agency in the early hours of Thursday morning, Al-Maliki added: "the Air Defense Forces were able to intercept and destroy the rocket, which was launched to target civilian and populated areas in Najran."

"no injuries were caused by the missile interception," Al-Maliki added.

The total number of ballistic missiles launched by the Houthis toward Saudi Arabia so far has been 204 since the start of the Yemeni war in 2015, "causing the martyrdom of 112 civilians and residents, and injuring hundreds," Al-Maliki Said.


Share


Print Send